Do you Amazon Prime?
Amazon first hooked us with the privilege of “free” 2-day shipping, but today, there are a host of other benefits available to Prime Members, including fashion advice for when you’re not sure what to wear out of your closet. Who knew?
Make sure your $119 annual fee pays for itself many times over by using as many of these Prime Member benefits as you can. Some are obvious. Some more obscure. All are available to Prime Members at no additional cost.
- Get killer deals every July on Prime Day—the online “Black Friday” of summer. Retailers compete aggressively for your business and offer deeply-discounted Prime member-only deals for a 48-hr window. This year, Prime Day takes place July 15-16, 2019.
- Listen to over two million songs, plus stations and playlists, all ad-free with Amazon Music. Download the free desktop app to jam while you work or use the free mobile app to take your music on the go. There’s an optional paid “unlimited” upgrade if you want access to even more songs, but the 2M comes free with your Prime membership. Find Your Music Library under “Accounts & Lists” just below your name in the upper-right corner of your account.
- Support your favorite charity when you shop on Amazon. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases when you shop at smile.amazon.com (instead of www). It’s so easy! And if you think a few cents here or there won’t make a difference, look at the numbers. As of May 2019, charities have received $134,890,393.33 through this program. View a list of charities you can support and select your favorite cause! Giving back is important in more ways than one.
- Watch movies, hit TV shows and Amazon Original programming for free with Prime Video—all included in your Prime membership.
- Store up to 10 GB of video, photos and files for free with Prime Photos. If you’ve ever found your phone running low on storage, this is a great way to clear up some space without paying additional storage fees.
- Free delivery on grocery and household items for all orders $35 or more on Prime Pantry. So convenient on those weeks where everything feels busy and chaotic and you don’t have time to run to the store.
- Get free fashion advice from a fashion specialist. Really. Open Outfit Compare in your Amazon mobile app, send 2 photos of yourself in different outfits, and in about a minute, a fashion specialist will review your looks and advise what looks best on you based on fit, how the outfits are styled, and what’s on trend right now. Completely free for Prime members.
- Read books and magazines for free on any device with Prime Reading, including books with audible narration!
- Get 1 free book each month with Amazon First Reads. You own it forever. No strings attached.
- Save up to 15% on items you buy all the time with Subscribe & Save. You may know this is available, but are you taking advantage of it? This program is perfect for things like vitamins, protein powders, toiletries and cleaning supplies that you buy on the regular. Don’t get carried away and add things you don’t need just to get up to 5 items. Start with 1 or 2, and enjoy your 5% savings. Next time you need to re-order, say vitamins, add them to your list and you’ve got 3. Work your way up to 5 over time.
- Get 2% back every time you reload an Amazon gift card. Use your Amazon gift card to pay for your Subscribe & Save orders for even more savings. If you haven’t reloaded a card before, check around for first-time reload offers (often up to $10 back). You can then auto-refill at regular intervals or when the dollar amount drops below a certain amount.
- Get credits for digital products when you select regular shipping. If you don’t need 1 or 2 day shipping, select a slower method and Amazon will give you $1 towards your next purchase of a digital item. Who doesn’t like free digital downloads?
- Trade in used items for an Amazon Gift Card. Eligible items include electronics, books, video games and more—even if purchased through other retailers. iPhones are trading in for $55-$105 and used books can get you $5-10 back on average. Plus free shipping 🙂
- Search for bargains:
> Amazon Warehouse – Shop discounted deals on open-box items.
> Amazon Outlet – Low prices, markdowns and overstocks items.
Did you learn any new Amazon benefits here today? If so, comment below on what was new to you, and which benefits are your favorites!
If you’re not an Amazon Prime member already, sign up for a free 30-day trial to check out what all the fuss is about.